Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh Boy, it's a baby shower!




Last Sunday was my baby shower for our little boy that will be here shortly. It wasn't a surprise, so of course I made all of the decorations, which was so much fun for me. My mom threw the shower, but she knows how much I like to put these parties together, so she gave me free reign with the decor. As you can see from the pics, I made an "Oh Boy" banner, food and beverage signs, table confetti, water bottle wraps, cupcake toppers,favor and game signs, napkin rings, and candy vessel signs.

The invite came from TinyPrints
I put one on display in a frame that I got from Ikea and matted it with paper to match the rest of the decor.

One of my good friends, Nicole, had the cake made. It was delicious and matched the onesie that I had on the banner.


One of my besties, Ama, flew in from Atlanta to surprise me (that sneaky little thing) and my hormones got the best of me. It caused a chain reaction and soon the whole room of women was in tears.


For the games we had a diaper bonanza, which I explained in a previous post along with a baby word scramble and Celebrity Baby matching game. My mom put the folders together with the games, a pen, and the envelope for the thank you cards, so that the guests could fill out their addresses in between the games. A lot of people are anti baby shower games. I completely understand why. It is time consuming, especially when you know it could take over an hour to open the gifts, but I also think it's fun for the guests to have interaction and win a nice prize at the end of the game. We had simple prizes, but they were certainly well liked. Each of the winners took home a Target gift card(who doesn't like Target?) and tahitian foot scrub from Bath and Body Works. The foot scrub was fitting because the prizes were placed in little blue boxes with baby footprints all over them.




Cupcake toppers that I made with cardstock and coordinating paper.


The favors are mini anti-bacterial hand gel from Bath and Body Works. Everyone loved them. There were a few left over, but you can never have too much hand sanitizer as a new mommy! We put the favors in a little blue tub that I found in the $1 spot at Target. I made the sign and attached it to a paint stick.


It was such a nice day and I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life.

Friends


Family


Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks very lovely - you're like me, I'll plan it from top to bottom, even if it is for myself.

    ReplyDelete