Monday, September 14, 2009

Boredom and freezer recipes!

As of last Thursday, I have been off of work based on my midwife's recommendation. I'm due on the 30th, but I have been extremely swollen. It's only been a total of 3 workdays and I'm already a tad bored. I would have thought that with all of this spare time, I would have dove right into some projects, but I suppose being the size of the great pumpkin along with being tired is not conducive to accomplishing a lot. Oh well, I'm making the best of it and getting things done little by little. Anyway...today in my boredom, I decided to make several of my favorite recipes and freeze them for when our little boy arrives. That will just make things so much easier and I won't be forced to live on hot dogs and egg sandwiches that my fiance likes to make. They're quite tasty, but I still need some variety.

So, I made two recipes out of Giada's cookbooks. The first being turkey meatballs with marinara--YUMS! He can just whip this out of the freezer, defrost it and pour it over some pasta. Here are my meatballs:




The second recipe is Italian Bean Soup. It calls for refrigerated cheese tortellini, but they were out at the market, so I settled for mini cheese ravioli- I'm sure it will be just as tasty!

Here the pancetta, garlic, carrots, and onion are sauteeing:



And here is the end result:



Doesn't this look delish? It is!

Ok, now onto to some business projects. Shortly I'll be posting the cupcake toppers inspired by good friend's upcoming nuptials. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment