Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dr. Seuss Preview

Let me start off by saying that I have been so antsy to open my Etsy shop, but I'm trying to be patient and build up my inventory so that there will be several items to choose from when the day finally comes. Right now the shop is in limbo with a tagline that says "COMING SOON". I'm getting close though!

Anyway, I wanted to share this preview of a Dr. Seuss baby shower I'm doing for my friend Nicole's sister-in-law. She will be doing her nursery in this theme, so it all ties together perfectly. I'm a big fan of consistency! I'm calling this a preview because I will have more pics to show you after this weekend with all the little details of the shower. I can't put the Dr. Seuss items in my Etsy shop for obvious copyright reasons, but at least I get to share them with you here. Hope you enjoy!

Here are the food tents. I used a font called Grinched from dafont.com . And, yes, Nicole is actually making green eggs, well, green deviled eggs.



These are the water bottle wraps. And as I'm sure most of you know, these are so simple to make. I cut them out in the dimensions of 8.5 x 2.25 and they fit almost all standard size water bottles. To secure the wraps, I made personalized "Casey's Baby Shower" stickers to tie into the Dr. Seuss theme.



This idea actually came from another blog(and please forgive me, because my pregnancy brain is not letting me think of the name of said blog). These are "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" cupcake toppers. They won't actually be on top of the cupcakes because that's where the blue hair(cotton candy) will be, but these circles will affix to the front of the cupcakes with some help from glue dots.



And last but not least, my absolute favorite...the favor tags! Nicole is using evergreen seeds in a burlap bag as a favor, which is such a cute idea to tie into this poem from the Lorax--read the favor tags carefully. LOVES it!





4 comments:

  1. Really cute. I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am throwing a Dr. Seuss party soon, too, so I am anxiously awaiting the other delicious decorating details you came up with! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute!! not can you help me with ideas for a butterfly themed birthday?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete