Thursday, September 10, 2009

Will you be my Bridesmaid?



I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet, but in March of next year, Mr. P and I will be getting married in Vegas. The baby will be almost 6 months old by then and we're taking him along. All of our family and friends will be joining us and we're very excited!

Although I would love to pick out bridesmaid dresses and do all of that fun stuff, I just don't feel it's fair to ask my friends to pay to come to Vegas and then on top of that pay for a bridesmaid dress, shoes, hair, makeup, etc. I do, however, want them to know how important they are to me and how excited I am for them to be part of my big day. With that said, I decided to make Will you be my honorary bridesmaid?cards.

Just another little DIY that I had fun with! I hope they like them. I'll be handing them out at one of the girls' birthday dinner tomorrow night. Pics and tutorial listed below:

I designed the card in PowerPoint and printed two per page on off-white textured card stock that I got at JoAnn's ($1.80 for three sheets).



I used my little Cricut paper cutter to cut the cards out and then tied them with a wide wired ribbon that I picked up at JoAnn's ($4.99).



I also printed out individual "For _________ (insert bridesmaid's name)" tags on the same textured cardstock. After cutting them out with the paper cutter, I used a tiny hole punch and inserted a very thin black ribbon ($1.29 also at JoAnn's) to hang these tags from the cards.



Here is the finished product! I think they turned out pretty good--especially for costing only a little over $8. Whatcha' think?



No comments:

Post a Comment